The autumn garden

We've been spending so much time in the garden these past few weeks, what with the warmth, the sunshine, and the new treehouse. This garden is at its very best in May and June, when the roses bloom madly and everything is bursting into life.

Now, we're at the tail end and there aren't many plants at their best (not in these beds, anyway). The sedum is bright and the virginia creeper at the end of the garden is all vibrant reds and golds. And these rosebuds - in October? A sweet surprise. I even managed a little rustic jug of flowers for the kitchen table: rosemary, lavender, sedum, and two types of rose.

Linking up with Mammasaurus and her 'How does your garden grow?' feature.

10 comments:

1. I love how when I landed on this page the creeper almost perfectly matched your header font colour, it looks extra lovely! I found a few rose buds in Grandads garden at the weekend which took me by surprise, it feels like there are elements of Summer clinging on for dear life at the moment. Beautiful photos that make me want to head outdoors - but with gloves on - it's freezing today!

Thanks for joining in and sharing x

ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful x

ReplyDelete
  3. Kathleen Scott11 October 2013 11:32

The sedum is a bright pink! It makes me want some - next year. :)

ReplyDelete
  4. what beautiful pictures and what lovely blog. have a wonderful weekend!

ReplyDelete
  5. Lottie :: Oyster & Pearl13 October 2013 11:52

Thank you Annie! You'd almost think I planned the colour scheme that way ;) I am clinging on to summer for dear life, too. A losing battle x

ReplyDelete
  6. Lottie :: Oyster & Pearl13 October 2013 11:52

ReplyDelete
  7. Lottie :: Oyster & Pearl13 October 2013 11:53

I love that creeper; it livens up the end wall of the garden. But its season is so short and it's all but gone now :(

ReplyDelete
  8. Lottie :: Oyster & Pearl13 October 2013 11:53

Yes! It's a great choice and really easy to grow. I love it as a cut flower too in an autumn posy.

ReplyDelete
  9. Lottie :: Oyster & Pearl13 October 2013 11:53

Thank you and welcome. Come back soon x

ReplyDelete
  10. Dragonsflypoppy-White Feathers13 October 2013 21:20

That creeper is stunning - I want one! x

ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I love hearing what you've got to say, and do my best to reply <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...